Dear Elena,
Dear all, Cari amici, Chers amis,
Liebe Freundinnen und Freunde, Sevgili Arkadaşlar, Dragi prieteni
oí galera, ...

First of all thank you Elena for your comments.

                           May I aks you *all* to cool down a little bit.

What I read here in the last days, expresssions like "agression", "cultural
imperialism", I think that is not the way we should treat each other, nor
in real life, nor here on the mailinglist.

I live near the French and Luxembourg boarder, and we "sarreois" are seen
from some germans as french and from some french as germans. ;-) ... As I
lived for some years in a very different cultural envirement (South
America) , I think I know the difference between different language and
different culture ...
I try to bring only the FACTS ;-)

I try to resume the facts, as far as I understood the discussion

Preamble:
all (Netherlands, English, Italien, French, German, DWG ...) here on the
list would ensure the quality of data in OSM.

Facts:
1. Our french friends have done and will do imports into the database from
cadastre.

2. Some in DWG are preocoupied about the possiblity to revert data, if they
are false or should damage just existing data.

3. Our german friend Frederik made a proposal to make an anhancement for
JOSM so that it would be easy to upload data with a different account ...
"so that JOSM can store multiple identities and when you hit "upload" you
can select which identity to use from a drop-down"

Could that solve the problem?

Are there other proposals to solve the possible quality problem?

and last but not least ... please cool down ... dont talk to me about
cultural differences - try to solve the issue.

I think we have the same aims, and the "HOW TO" should be resolved.

Cordialement

Manfred

[...]