> On 02/01/2013 15:20, Richard Weait wrote:
>> Tobias' suggestion that I could not hang this poster in my home unless
>> I tell every visitor about the data license seems to over reach what
>> is required by normal copyright.  I don't have to tell you that my
>> Picasso is a Picasso* when you come over for Mappy Hour.

Does your home count as a public display of the produced work? I
actually don't know, and if it may be interpreted this way we might want
to clarify that we do not expect this from the owner of an OSM-derived
print.

But my intention was primarily to point out that the original vendor -
Axis Maps in this case - is not responsible if their customers violate
the license during re-sale or other relevant uses.

On 02.01.2013 18:11, Christopher Woods (IWD) wrote:
> Well, at least it looks like there is an attribution (at least from the
> bigcartel cropped image linked earlier in this thread) but it's so small
> so as to pretty much be invisible. More importantly, whilst it's
> following the letter, it's not following the spirit of the rule.

In my opinion, it's sufficient. Particularly considering that their own
attribution isn't larger either.

We wouldn't want to make OSM unsuitable for anything that is intended to
look good (posters, t-shirts, wedding cakes ...) by requiring big ugly
legalese.

Tobias