Gervase Markham wrote:
>> Who do we need to talk to or where do we need to file a bug to get this
>> request considered officially?
> Anyone?

If you want to make it happen, the best way to do this is to take part in
the project to port the current stylesheet to Carto:
    https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto

and to make sure that the resulting stylesheet is actually capable of
rendering at z19 convincingly. (The current XML one isn't.)

Beyond that, it'll take some investigation into what extra hardware burden
z19 will impose. Perhaps you could help by running some tests into that?

cheers
Richard