On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> But we don't want the 'extras' that foursquare add actually on the map.
> The locations they are directing to need to be on the map and that should
> be already available data? What am I missing here :) All of the searches
> I've pulled up appear in the base map.

This is really all about Foursquare users improving the base map where they
find for instance streets, street name, buildings, etc. off. This "slide"
into OpenStreetMap from Foursquare ideally functions as a gateway drug to
hook folks on mapping. The target audience is very interesting: Foursquare
Superusers are already very engaged with an online data platform and have a
keen sense of creating order (that's their role) - they're almost mappers
:-)