On 24/08/13 17:46, Lester Caine wrote:

Notice the broken casing on the sides of some of the roads.
If what you are talking about is the change in style on the roads to the
right, then how were they generated as they do not appear on the main
database? It's nice to see I can just cut and paste the old style
location urls and they will be recognised - hopefully no-one will remove
that as redundant ;)

Have a look at what layer is selected.

You see that it's not osm.

Cheers
Ross

I have an interest in this for showing what is to the side of roads.
While on one hand macro mapping says add tags to a road to show things
like footpaths and cycleways, micro mapping would show the all of the
infrastructure actually as areas, but at least as separate identifiable
ways which can be selected in preference to the road for planning waking
and cycling activity. If the 'road' with no 'side furniture' is rendered
with broken sides like this it makes sense. Africa has considerably more
of the 'tracks' that I am talking about and there it is even more
important to identify ones where the two ruts making up the track would
make it dangerous for following on foot? While many parts of the world
have different requirements, generally the same rules apply worldwide?