Hi Stefan,

> I see following solutions:
> 1. adapt height of the popup to the remaining space (down to at least 2
> items, currently it's 7)
> 2. leave as is but make default height of the popup smaller, perhaps to 5
> items
> 3. pan map down automatically until popup fits into map window

Actually, I think a solution

4. enhance Leaflet such that popups on the upper part of the viewport open
downwards.

is the preferrable solution and likely attractive for most other Leaflet popup
users. I've no idea whether that is technically feasible, but 1 and 2 cannot
solve the problem if I get just close enough to the upper brim, although they
are good ideas otherwise.

Cheers,

Roland