What is the goal of the redesign ?

Get new active contributors ?
Get new users ?

Moving the wiki/help/license link away makes me feel we're moving slowly to
the second choice which does not look to me as a good idea.

I'm expecting the OSM front page to clearly explain that anybody can
contribute to the map by improving the data yourself and that all the
project is a open project (I dont like the "free map", it looks too much as
free beer).

On the positive side, the new graphical design is really a great
improvement, except the not enough contrasted texts (+1 with Pieren about
visually impaired people or outdoor situations).

--
Christian Quest - OpenStreetMap France
Un nouveau serveur pour OSM... http://donate.osm.org/server2013/