On Sun, Mar 09, 2014 at 04:55:51PM +0100, Tobias Knerr wrote:
> On 09.03.2014 14:18, Richard Z. wrote:
> > Pylons must share a node with the waterway bellow
> > in my opinion. They are a pretty relevant part of it.
>
> Pylons will often be somewhere within the riverbank area - based on
> their exact positions in reality -, but I would not insert them into the
> waterway way.

somehow they ought to be connected to the river though, just beeing in the
area is not enough. As they are relevant for navigation there can be situations
where inserting them into the waterway way would be indeed the most logical
solution.

> What do you do if one pylon is left of the center of the waterway and
> one is right of it?

interesting question.. I will look again at the examples and ask the
author.

> > then there is the alternative of having a list of exceptions.
>
> That's more reasonable, but exceptions should only be made where it is
> really necessary. I haven't encountered such an example yet.

Having seen a few examples of vertical lifts I am sure there will be
more exceptions.

Richard