On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:

> Actually our policy on such matters (not on edit wars) is documented
> here http://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Policies_and_other_Documents

Simon,
Thanks - That helps. I didn't think of looking at the Foundations wiki.
While not a process it does give a better understanding of how OSM handles
border disputes.

For those who didn't read the document, this is the relevant section:

Borders and boundaries
National borders are particularly sensitive. Currently, we record one set
that, in OpenStreetMap
contributor opinion, is most widely internationally recognised and best
meets realities on the
ground, generally meaning physical control. In areas without clearly
defined borders, the line is
approximate.  Our database structure enables mapĀ­makers to easily ignore
this set and
substitute another more appropriate to your needs.
In the future, we may look at supporting alternative sets directly.

Should this section be restated in the OSM wiki under boundaries?

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us