On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 5:33 AM, Marc Gemis <marc.ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe we need two styles on the osm.orgm style

Perhaps we don't have to go so far. I would suggest a compromise :
render differently "open access for the public" (access=yes or absence
of tag), "forbidden access for the public" (access=no or
access=private) and "conditional access, whatever it is" (destination,
permissive, forestry, type of vehicle, etc). In this way, it is usable
for the average reader and we still render all highways, thanks to the
contributors.
It's unrealistic to think that we can render and read on a map all
types of access conditions and combinations. It's like all surfaces
values. If someone needs the details, then keep that on specific
applications.

Pieren