On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 1:34 PM, SomeoneElse <li...@atownsend.org.uk> wrote:

> In this case the node seems to be a duplicate of
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2802994130 just across the road - I'm
> guessing that something went wrong when checking the nodes for import?

The conflation has limits, it's true.

Node http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2802994130 would not be expected to
match, as it is tagged only with:
*   name=Cycle tools and pump*

> There does seem to have been a few issues with some of the ones that have
> been imported already (I've only looked at the ones in the UK; not sure if
> they are typical of the rest).

The majority of the locations were collected via an unusual method.  The
user scans a QR code at the station,
for "bike repair instructions".  The user is asked to "share their
location".   That point cloud becomes the mapped location.

The locations I field checked were all findable, but had positioning errors
consistent with smartphone GPS units,
up to 30 meters.  In each case I was able to find the station in a field
check, then manually rectify the exact location.
It was a lot easier to field check these knowing the approximate location,
rather than simply wandering all over town
searching for bike repair stands.