On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 03:47:14PM +0100, Lester Caine wrote:
> On 30/06/15 11:36, Richard Z. wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm not so bothered about 3D, but rather making it a little clearer on
> >> 2D maps that one HAS to go a particular way when the road other side of
> >> the building IS 5 stories below, and the main road is three stories
> >> below that. People who have visited Malta will know what I am saying,
> >> but following a satnav somewhere you don't know after a long flight ...
> >> it would be nice if the map warned you :)
> >
> > In some cases you could use embankment, natural=cliff or building=wall
> > separating
> > the road and the building would that work here?
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/35.95833/14.36246 was where I had
> the fun at Christmas. Vertically this area is well over 10 stories high
> which the steps only hint at. We stayed at the Pergola Club Hotel and
> the osmand took me to the bottom of the Trig Adenau steps while the
> entrance to the car park was 5 stories above :) Other parts of Malta
> were just as much fun ... and while around here is not quite so steep,
> there are a number of places with similar problems when trying to work
> out just where to drive.

The map link does not tell me much, need a house object or something
like that to look at.

have you tried any of these?
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dparking_entrance
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:entrance
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:building

imho a good routing program would display a list of existing
entrance points and let you choose from those.

Richard