On Thursday 20 August 2015, Jc3b3hannes Birgir Jensson wrote:

> According to the github discussion there is an "overwhelming
> consensus" [2] on moving from current rainbow colour scheme for roads
> to a red-yellow only scheme.

Note this comment is mostly based on the early discussion of the matter,
in particular in

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/102

and in the early diary entries by Mateusz but also in countless comments
made over the time elsewhere concerning the road color scheme.

This of course does not necessarily mean that all those supporting a
change in general are fine with the scheme that is now developed by
Mateusz.

In general among those in favour of keeping the current scheme there
have been only very few specific suggestions how to address the
problems this leads to in the style, in particular the fact that the
road network as a whole is not recognizable as such and the color
conflicts with other colors in the style.

If you think a different styling than what is currently proposed would
be better it would be best to show it.  Suggesting to use a paler
yellow for tertiary or the color scheme of a different style is one
thing, actually demonstrating how this looks and addressing issues this
creates is another.  I know setting up the system for doing and viewing
style changes is not trivial but if - as you say - there are so many
people that would be badly affected by it there should be someone to
demonstrate a viable alternative.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/