From: Skyler F
Sent: Sunday, 3 January 2016 17:28
To: talk@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Tile Server manual build 15.10 troubleshooting

Thanks. That got me past step 1.

8 upgraded, 313 newly installed, 0 to remove and 83 not upgraded.

So that is the first thing to change in the documentation on the website, instead of libtiff4-dev change it to libtiff-dev.

On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 9:59 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg <sebas...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
On 03-01-16 17:48, Graham Jones wrote:
> if you type "sudo apt-cache search libtiff" it lists all the packages that
> are available with 'libtiff' in the title.  On my system it lists
> libtiff5-dev, so I would suggest installing that.

Just install libtiff-dev, it is the virtual package provided by both
libtiff4-dev & libtiff5-dev, it will pull in the relevant libtiffN-dev
package for the distribution in question.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1
Fingerprint: 8182 DE41 7056 408D 6146  50D1 6750 F10A E88D 4AF1