On 26/02/2016 20:55, Mike Thompson wrote:

Should I just manually delete, or would it be better for someone to do a revert.

In a a case where someone has made a few valid edits and then something that obviously isn't, I'd personally start with something like "I think you may have left your keyboard unattended and your seven-year-old brother has been playing". It's an (artificial) way of saying "this is not OK" without saying "you did a bad thing". I'd add this publically to the changeset discussion so everyone can see what's happening. I'd then go on to explain why it's not OK to do things like this in OSM, and to point to places where it might be OK (like OpenGeoFiction, though I'm not sure they're big on pictures of animals).

I'd also check the previous edits, to make sure that there was nothing hidden in there that was also dodgy, and I'd revert the dodgy stuff. It looks like a straight revert should work here (JOSM revert plugin*).

Cheers,

Andy (SomeoneElse, a member of the DWG, but all of the above is doable without any DWG "special powers").

* a slight caveat applies at the moment - when I last looked, the latest version of JOSM's reverter plugin didn't work with the tested version of JOSM. If prompted to update plugins by JOSM don't, and you should be OK.