On 14/07/2016 13:00, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
Éric Gillet wrote:
That would be slightly faster to execute than the first approach I was
suggesting, but then how would you prove that you checked every
and all features ?
Well, the best way to prove that you checked everything is not to fuck
things up, which of course you won't, because you've checked everything.

My first changeset discussion comment on suspicious edits is often "you've changed X to Y, but to me it looks like a Z; are you sure?" for exactly that reason. If I can pick somewhere that I'm familiar with as an example, I'll use that. If someone doesn't answer the question and instead replies "But the wiki says ..." then clearly we've got a problem.

If you fuck things up (for example, by changing name=McDonalds to
name=McDonald's on an independent restaurant that is actually called
McDonalds), then by definition you haven't checked sufficiently, have you?

... at least one example of which is "Mac Donald" in Banfora, Burkina Faso:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/128265146#map=14/10.6400/-4.7537

:)

Best Regards,

Andy