On 2016-08-30 20:10, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Colin Smale <colin.sm...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> w3w solves the problem of you not having a (compact) answer to "what´s your
>> address?" if you want to have something delivered. The fact that you only
>> have to remember three words is for humans. But indeed the delivery person
>> needs a computer.
>
> I swear to god we've been over this... Not that it really helps when even in
> the US, your average delivery driver's not going to make heads or tails of
> purple,monkey,dishwasher in the first place, much less be able to sort it out
> because their truck doesn't have a computer.

We have - that's why I am whispering. But w3w is not intended for the
US. It's for places which don't have addresses already, which apparently
is a large part of the world. And I would be surprised if even a US
delivery driver doesn't have a sat nav, which can easily deal with w3w
(check out Navmii for example).