On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 3:08 PM, Andy Townsend <ajt1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, let's be honest - untagged ways aren't a "problem" in any other
> sense other than disk space.  They won't confuse renderers or routers.  If
> there are too many in a given area they might confuse other mappers, but
> these other mappers are perfectly free to delete them if they can't figure
> out what they were supposed to be.

It's true untagged ways don't render, trivial amount of disk space, and
they don't route. What they do is create work to fixed or remove them. At
one time in life I was a quality person with a goal of creating systems to
do it right the first time. My sense is that it isn't a new user problem,
but a systems problem. I've spend time now and them cleaning up stuff using
Frederik's OSMI tool. I'd really rather spend my time adding and improving
the map than fixing errors.

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us