On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 8:50 AM, Tomas Straupis <tomasstrau...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What we are doing in Lithuania for the last 5 years or so is we have a
> patrolling mechanism similar to wikipedia. That is all changesets in
> the region (in our case in Lithuania) are filtered out and placed into
> "check list". If the editor is known good mapper - his/her edits are
> "approved" automatically. Otherwise somebody with a status of "known"
> mapper should approve it. But when the changeset is approved - it does
> not show up for other "approvers". This way we avoid double work. So
> in practice this allows us to review only "suspicious" changes and in
> 5 year of experience this worked out perfectly - all bad/suspicious
> changes have been noticed in a matter of hours! (for example all
> suspicious crap.me edits can be reverted promptly)

Is your process documented anywhere and is the code available? This sounds
like a reasonable solution to the problem. I especially like that people
aren't double checking new users.  It sounds like an approach much like
Martijn Van Exel's Maproulette but without the random picking of the user.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us