Marc, thanks.  I was under the assumption that talk is the global community
- as it is the most generic in the list, unlike talk-us and
talk-us-newyork. Does it meany that any global proposal would require
talking to hundreds of communities independently, making it impossible to
coordinate, because comments in one community would not be visible to other
communities? Is there any kind of ambassadorial program?  Also, does it
mean that talk-us doesn't decide anything because there is a
talk-us-newyork?

In this specific case, adding wikidata seemed like a long overdue task,
something that is already happening automatically by the unmonitored iD
feature.

Btw, I looked at the descriptions at
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo