>Assuming my above arguments has convinced you

No I still do not see a requirement here, but there again I'm only part of
the community and that's the concern you appear to be ramming this down our
threats.  As for what iD does or does not do, I don't see that is relevant.

Why does OSM need it and why are you unable to put forth a convincing
argument that is accepted by the community?   A ninety percent acceptance
rate will be fine but I'm not seeing it.

Cheerio John