Hi,

On 02.10.2017 18:50, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Of course i am certainly not representative for the typical mappers.  I
> would suspect there are probably mappers that would be attracted and
> motivated by an OSM project where bots routinely 'fix' data
> inconsistencies like typos in tags, different spellings of common names
> or automatically orthogonalize building geometries.  But there are
> others who don't like this.  One motivation behind my suggestion was
> that this would allow mappers to embrace bot edits but also allows them
> to reject this and decide they only want to interact with other craft
> mappers and not with bots.

Did your proposal also extend to geoemtries? You said something about
bot:* tags, but if a bot were to orthogonalize an existing building,
would it then have to create a copy of that tagged "bot:building=yes"?
And how could that be differentiated from a building that originally had
building=YES and the bot only lowercased the tag value?

Bye
Frederik