      Actually it's more likely to be the estate name so for my near by
    estate it is messy since I've ended up using 'housenumber' so that
    it renders better and the street is 'Weston Industrial Estate' as it
    appears with the postcode.

    https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/145295590#map=18/52.07347/-1.82250
    <https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/145295590#map=18/52.07347/-1.82250>

from my understanding, you should not use "addr:street" for the estate, I'd suggest "addr:place".
NO ... the postal element "addr:street" is 'Weston Industrial Estate' so building a postal address from addr: elements needs that element. The adjacent road does not form part of the address. However larger estates with multiple roads will have the name of the estate separate. Using "addr:place" if it is displayed before "addr:street", but other uses of "addr:place" need it AFTER street. Construction of an address from addr: elements should be consistent but *IS* something that will have a different template for each country, and adding more addr: fields just complicates that template? This is what is currently not documented?

I don't like the idea that addr:number could be a housename, there is addr:housename for this.
My point here is to loose the confusing mess and just have "addr:number" and then ->

addr:property might be an option, if you deem addr:place inappropriate
"addr:property" is the expanded format of the number. "addr:place" is an area with multiple premises and "addr:property" is an individually identified unit of accommodation/workspace/storage ... for a UK address template addr:place comes after addr:street and before addr:town while the estate name would normally come before addr:street ... but a UK addr:postcode would provide all the addr:street and later elements, just needing a tidy property reference ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL