In Papua New Guinea there are villages without roads ... people there travel by
foot, plane or boat!

The terrain is such that vehicle roads, even for bicycles, is impractical.

I don't have detailed knowledge of Africa to say if these villages could be
real or not... but I would hesitate to delete them without that knowledge.
Possibly question the original mapper or a mapper active locally or
failing any of that producing results demote them to locality and await a
mapper with on ground experience.