On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Mateusz Konieczny
<matkoni...@tutanota.com> wrote:

3. Jun 2018 18:05 by ba...@ursamundi.org:

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 10:54 AM, Mateusz Konieczny
<matkoni...@tutanota.com> wrote:

I am looking for an application for Android displaying
amenity=drinking_water

locations with available offline map - I am frequently using it to
avoid buying plastic bottles

just to almost immediately throw it out.

Any simple open source map displaying locations of some objects

would also be great - it should be fairly simple to adapt.

Osmand displays and can find drinking water.

In my experience OSMand starts for a long time, like maps.me [1]. Is
at least  search
not taking any noticeable time?

Startup of OSMand takes quite some time yes, it annoys me too. Searching in the datafile of the Netherlands, some 850 MB, also takes a few seconds. It is certainly not instant and if your impatient it can be a bother.
But it does not take minutes.

Maarten