I wrote a web application http://ausleuchtung.ch/travel_pack/ where one
can select amenity=drinking_water from a drop-down list with icons, then
 click on the OSM map and the found drinking water will be show with the
 geo-markers also with the icon 10 km (or less) around the click.
You can also click on the geo-markers to see the complete info and view
the images from the Wikimedia 500 meters around the geo-marker.
I usually use this web application well before a travel to see the info
on the big 4K computer screen. And later, on the ground, I use a mobile app,
already knowing what to expect.
Best regards,
O.