21. Oct 2018 15:12 by dieterdre...@gmail.com <mailto:dieterdre...@gmail.com>:

> Therefore we can all be satisfied there is clear guidance from the board how
> to deal with this: the local situation determines how we map, and the OSMF is
> explicit here: “National borders are particularly sensitive. Currently, we
> record one set that, in OpenStreetMap contributor opinion, is most widely
> internationally recognised and best meets realities on the ground, generally
> meaning physical control.”
> https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/images/d/d8/DisputedTerritoriesInformation.
> <https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/images/d/d8/DisputedTerritoriesInformation.pdf>>
>  pdf
> When I recently looked at Crimea I noticed it is still part of the Ucraine in
> OSM: > https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/60199
> <https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/60199>

Yes, situation on the ground is quite clear here.

No matter whatever we like it or not, Crimea is no longer controlled by Ukraine
and situation

here is quite clear, unlike other affected regions.

We should apply here "Note that OSM follows On the Ground Rule
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Disputes#On_the_Ground_Rule>. Boundaries
recorded inOpenStreetMap are ones that are the most widely internationally