> On 11 Dec 2018, at 14:41, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> no, you could ask a diplomat of a country (or other parts of their
> government) whom they recognize, or look up their public statements, these
> are not secondary sources like wikipedia seems to prefer (I think), but it
> would be verifiable (repeatable) in the real world.

A frequent game in Kosovo-Serbia relations is played around claims related to
this issue. Does Papua New Guinea recognise Kosovo? Did Sao Tome and Principe
ever? A massive amount of work goes into creating something like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_recognition_of_Kosovo#Withdrawn_recognition

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_recognition_of_Kosovo#Withdrawn_recognition>
 , and if you ask diplomats how many countries recognise Kosovo, the most
prudent will not give you a number but an approximation.

Guillaume