Mar 1, 2019, 1:05 PM by mikel.ma...@gmail.com:

> As enthusiastic as I am to see osm “in the wild”, I’m irritated by license
> shaming. I know, it’s irritating by design. I don’t believe it works and just
> casts a bad light of OSM.

I agree, and probably most mappers agree. That is probably reason why there is
little to no reaction
to widespread missing attribution.

I think to solve this problem OSMF should act.

Just notifying Mapbox and other companies responsible for violations that they
have right to
file DMCA would be a good start. Hopefully it will not be blocked by conflict
of interest.

I really agree that shaming would not be strong enough to be a good use of time.