sent from a phone

> On 7. Apr 2019, at 21:08, Richard Fairhurst <rich...@systemed.net> wrote:
>
> Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> Now while everybody is free to use any tag she likes, I would not
>> expect the OpenStreetMap-Foundation standard editor to
>> introduce new tags through presets.
>
> It's been happening since Potlatch 1 came online in 2007, so you should have
> had a few years to get used to it by now...

Richard, you have great merit in the OSM ecosystem, and all my respect for your
notable contribution to OSM, but you really can’t compare 2007 (a bunch of
mappers having to develop yet tags for almost everything) with 2019 (a complex
tagging scheme for many things is already established).

> I don't follow that iD has any particular status because of its default
> location on the edit tab: JOSM arguably has more "heft" because its bulk
> editing abilities allow people to impose new tags by force of number, not to
> mention you 'orrible lot forever bombarding the poor newbie to use JOSM or
> else. ;)

most new mappers use iD, I don’t think you can argue about this, and most
mappers aren’t subscribed to any channel where they would get such advice to
use JOSM ;-)

Cheers, Martin