Paul,

  I hope your truck is recovered in good condition.

  My perception of Amazon edits is overwhelmingly positive.  I see the same
types of mistakes, but those mistakes are one the same level or less than
traditional craft mappers.  On the plus side, they are neatly solving the
last mile mapping problem.   They detect blocked / gated roads on a level
not possible for 2 or 3 mappers covering hundreds of square miles.  Based
on gps / video surveying tracks, they are adding driveways - and having
long driveways mapped is becoming increasingly useful for OSM general
purpose navigation or analysis.   I've been adding driveways from high
quality off-leaf imagery, and leaving driveways out where the location is
hidden.   They have added a few driveways from surveys in those areas that
were hidden by evergreen  trees for example.

  My only problem with Amazon is that edits are randomly distributed over
an area.   The result is that the individual edits can mask a single case
of vandalism or newbie stepping up to map.