Hi.  this is funny, I recently opened an issue with AllTrails, about them not attributing the map.

I wonder if we're talking about the same thing: their Android App shows a bright colourful Google logo on top of whatever map you configure as your base map.  in particular, it can be shown on top of the standard OSM map.  there is attribution, but it's in a pop-up window.  to activate this window you need eagle eyes, and spot a faint low contrast circled lowercase letter "i" (like an info sign, but as said, small, low contrast), once spotted, you have to be able to activate it, which isn't easy since this widget is on second plane half hidden behind a large high contrast + widget.  Attribution in this pop up window is first to Mapbox, then to OpenStreetMap, this sequence is so even if you're looking at our standard OSM map, and you're not looking at anything belonging to Mapbox.

anyhow, the issue with AllTrails is #125657.

on the 18th of October, that's 7 days ago, I wrote about this to legal-questi...@osmfoundation.org (which was redirected to d...@openstreetmap.org), then again to le...@osmfoundation.org, and I'm not so sure what's the status of the call, because our issue tracking system assigned my report to the DWG, while it's clearly a LWG issue.

I did correct the wiki page on our wiki, I can't edit the wrong information at https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Licensing_Working_Group.  I mentioned this already on the #osm channel at the oftc irc server.

anyhow, it's several issue shere, only one related to AllTrails, most are about our bad organization.

best regards,

Mario Frasca