One thing that is missing to me is explicit mention that it is not
overriding ODBL or related laws and is not adding any legal
requirements.

If someone follows ODBL license or is in situation where following license
is not needed for some reason, they can legally do this.

Maybe also mention that it is may be recommending more attribution than
bare minimum that is required by ODBL, so it is a safe solution that should
be also fine for any typical[1] project that is not hostile to OSM?

[1] "typical" - especially for very small objects things gets trickier,
if you are making some special purpose map (tactile map for blind)
then attribution also needs to be adapted, if map is going to be used
in place where English is not understood in general you will definitely
need to translate attribution etc etc.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Draft_Attribution_Guideline claim
that smartphone has not enough space for attribution is clearly untrue.
But if you show OSM map on screen of size 1cm x 1 cm or similarly tiny
physical object then alternative attribution methods - that still comply with
ODBL - may be preferable.

Dec 4, 2020, 21:41 by joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com: