The text of the first section previously ended with this sentence:

"To what extent you might practically get away with lesser attribution -
either legally or socially - is outside the scope of this document."

Probably such a sentence is acceptable in some cultures, but it sounds odd
in the Anglo-American legal context so I removed it.

However, perhaps there is a more polite way to say the same sort of thing,
without seeming to invite "getting away with it?"

-- Joseph Eisenberg