It's not going to happen.

Virtually nobody uses mailman 3 with the exception of Fedora
and I know from using it there that the UI is a disaster.

Also it's not packaged for Ubuntu and it's far more complicated
to deploy than what we have.

Don't think of mailman 3 as an upgrade - it's basically a
totally different product.

There is talk of a change, but it won't be to mailman 3.

Tom