john whelan:
Apparently you can do a lot of expensive damage by firing a rifle bullet through them as happened more than once in the US and given the situation in Europe at the moment is there a risk that something similar could happen there?

Should we have a process that says some things should not be mapped?

I seem to recall that the location of the pipeline that supplies aviation fuel to airports is considered an official secret in the UK.

Transformers and powerlines are not official secrets. And they can be spotted by anyone passing by and be seen on aerial images.

It does make more sense to keep objects underground or underwater secret.

We do have https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/1098580572

But I do not know if it is precise enough for a submarine with a bomb.
And there are official maps with the layout, e.g.,
https://www.mynewsdesk.com/dk/energistyrelsen/documents/kort-over-nord-stream-2-linjefoering-paa-dansk-omraade-68552

--
Niels Elgaard Larsen