sent from a phone

> On 25 Feb 2023, at 20:13, Mateusz Konieczny via talk <talk@openstreetmap.org>
> wrote:
>
> shop=eggs -> shop=food food=eggs
> maybe such migration would be a good idea?
> having top value for every single shop type specializing in a given food
> seems hopeless - we would need shop=pumpkin, shop=apples, shop=basil,
> shop=pierogi...
> That is nighmarish for data consumers.

maybe for these pumpkin or apple or basil shops a more generic category (there
is https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dfarm ) can make sense, with a
subtag for the kind of produce they sell, but food is very important for all of
us and we do indeed mostly tag dedicated classes for these, like bakery,
butcher, greengrocer, wine, deli, supermarket, convenience, so if there are
dedicated pierogi shops I would tag them as this. You would not want to find
them if you search for “food”, you search for pierogi if you wanted to find
them. There is shop=pasta where I think pierogi could fit, “food” is too
generic.