Here, too, we gave quite a bit of careful thought to the decision. We felt
that if we did not disclose that we were on the CWG, that it might be seen
by some as a lapse of transparency.  Further, I think it's relevant that
we're on the CWG, as it shows why we are interested in this topic, and
indeed suggests that we are going to be able to make sure that it benefits
the whole community.  It is also a credential: there aren't a lot of
communications-focused people in OSM, and I want it to be clear that is
where I, personally, am coming from.  In Marjan's case, it is relevant
because she is doing a good percentage of this work in her capacity as an
OSM volunteer, which she takes very seriously, and not in her capacity as
an employee of TomTom.  Here, again, it would be nice to have the best of
intentions assumed instead of the worst.  I stand by the decision to
disclose our committee affiliation.

On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 6:46 PM Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

> Now that we seem to have established that this was not a CWG thing to
> start with, could everyone who was involved in creating this
> announcement please review their communication behaviour, *especially*
> when it comes to signing messages as "so-and-so, OSMF communications
> working group" when you're not writing in an official capacity. This is
> something that other working groups as well as the OSMF board have been
> practicing carefully for ages and I'd hope that it would not be beyond
> members of a communications working group to be precise in their
> communication.
>
> On 4/28/23 15:29, Marjan Van de Kauter wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > We are doing a research project on how OpenStreetMap users interact with
> > each other. Are you willing to help us learn more about communication
> > behaviors in OSM? Take this quick and anonymous survey and tell us if
> > and how you use the OSM community forum, mailing lists, social media and
> > other channels:
> >
> > https://forms.gle/UeAGs3VahuxBN7Ec7 <https://forms.gle/UeAGs3VahuxBN7Ec7
> >

> > We will share the results of this survey, along with other data, with
> > the community. This can help users better understand communication
> > habits in OSM, so they can identify the most effective ways to reach
> > other community members. We will be presenting our findings at State of
> > the Map US in Richmond, Virginia and in diary entries. So stay tuned for
> > more and thank you for participating in our survey.
> >
> > Have a great weekend!
> >
> > Marjan Van de Kauter (OSMF Communication Working Group member and TomTom
> > community engager)
> >
> > Courtney Williamson (OSMF Communication Working Group member)
> >
> > Keara Dennehy (TomTom business analyst)
> >
> > L.J. Lambert (TomTom business analyst)

> --
> Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail frede...@remote.org  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"