BTW,

Just a quick last question, to make sure I get this right:

When handing over the keyID and nextkeyIDs on SEND, this just means that these
new values are valid from the time SEND was called, right? It's not tied to the
specific data block that's being handed over?
(I'm asking because that's a difference to SCTP, where it's possible to decide
to authenticate a particular data chunk that's handed over. For TCP, this would
be pretty unusual, I think, but perhaps also implementable...)

Cheers,
Michael