Howdy friends,

After reading Rek’s blog the other day, the EGO thing has been on my
mind. After a forced lay-off since Christmas, I got back on the horse
on Saturday night and entertained a paid crowd at a function.

I really tried to let-go and free myself of any self-consciousness,
but I did find myself trying to perform better and being quite aware
of getting it right. I think that trying to play a tune perfectly
every time can slow me down and an element of cautiousness slips in.
It’s the same when playing for MC on webcam, that live performance
doesn’t seem to come out the same as it does in practice.

So I was wondering how much easier this gets as the experience builds,
and what % of the practice kicks in for the real deal? I believe that
I’m playing at 80% – 90% of my skill capacity when performing live at
present. Is this just a case of nerves? And what do the pro’s feel
when they prepare and actually perform? Is there still a case of
nerves or is it as comfy as drinking a glass of water?

I can’t imagine what Tater experiences when he’s stepping on stage
with EC or doing something on national TV!

Determined….Holstein ��