Well we played last night and on the first song where Rebecca, our main
singer and fidller hit her fiddle, the bow broke after three notes.
Apparently it wasn't a good bow, but the disaster was major.

Anyway, that is the way to get rid of stage fright: I had to make up all her
intros and solos on the spot and my nerves disappeared instantly- it all
worked out. So I'd recommend for all stage fright sufferers to organise a
cataclysmic event on stage. Perhaps ask your colleagues to pour some liquid
over your microphone ;-)

Also, for the Akg stickon microphone users - I just plugged it into the desk
and got the best sound I ever had - took the recommendation of putting it
between the bass strings, so thank you!

Best
Robin

n Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:04 PM, The Holstein Kid