From: Robin Gravina <robin.grav...@gmail.com>
To: taterbugmando@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2009 6:04:05 PM
Subject: Re: action

I'm getting my spark plug feelers out as we speak. I think I'm too
low. 4mm sounds like hard work.
I played for my neighbours yesterday as part of our neighbourhood
fiestas. Lovely experience - our 'urbanización' of 120 houses
organises it's own weekend party: starts on Tuesday with kids games,
then Thursday we have the kids dinner - they have to scavenge for the
ingredients, from house to house, then open air cinema for all. Friday
there is a 'brotherhood dinner' where we all bring food and share it,
then a dance - plenty of Macarena and the kids all up until 2 in the
morning. Saturday, petanca, and other games competitions, single men
against married men football, dance classes, big communal lunch and
after our gig (by the pool, sun going down, everyone wearing cowboy
hats (there was an associated competition) a big fancy dress dance and
everyone from 2 yrs old till 80 hitting the floor. Sunday, tapa
competition, communal lunch, everyone gets thrown into the pool, then
as the sun goes down, everyone dresses in black, with cross dressing,
silly hats and sunglasses encouraged, and we carry the sardine around
the whole neighbourhood, with a trumpet and wailing,  and bury it as a
symbol of the end of fiestas, with plenty of cries of Aieee as we weep
for the party that we all created and shared.

Just wanted to share that - it really is Old Time - love it.
Robin