Hi to all, on the old communications channel

I'm getting tone paranoia: it strikes me from seeing a lot of everyone's
great videos how poor my tone is: I hear most people with great ringing
sound, clear note separation and that kind of floating sound you get from
the combination of those things. To me, lately, I sound like I just chucked
a load of spanners down the stairs and into a tin box.

It's pretty hard for me to try out other mandolins, as I have to fly to
England for the nearest shop, but I am really starting to wonder if it's me,
or my tool.

Cheers
Robin