Tuesday, October 19, 1999

Hello �yafril",

Tuesday, Tuesday, October 19, 1999, you wrote:

�yafril"> Hello Graham Foster,

�yafril"> On dated Tuesday, October 19, 1999, 14:32:42 you told to the list:

Only time I have seen problems like that in general (ie not normally
using the bat) and NOT over a network was when there was dubious
powersupply in the machine where the disks are.
Ie sudden demand on the drives can produce insufficient power to
start all the drives and you can get errors that a drive isnt ready,
cannot be written to...
So if you run on different terminals and get the error but drives are
on a different system (same on in both cases??), I would say consider
it a chance your powersupply is in the process of dying....
Happened to me once and it took me 3 months to figure out, it happened
twice to customers (so that was quicker fixed) and more recently our
office server did the same so we piggybacked a second powersupply into
it...
Note I never saw it under NT as its hardly run where I am...
Anyway, have you tried running the bat from the system where the hard
disks are....

�H>>> No problem here.
�H>>> Are you using Network drive ?

GF>> Yes  I  am  - but the error message says "Create new message " and
GF>> then     refers    to    my    Hard-drive    using    NT    syntax
GF>> (\Harddrive0\Partition1 etc).


�yafril"> Sounds like Network connetion problem (?)
�yafril"> The   network   drive  at  NT  ?  If  yes,  for  mapping  try  to  add
�yafril"> "/persistent"  in  logon  script,  or  put  the map drive in your home
�yafril"> directory (use connet to:).

�yafril"> I  am using network drive too, but in Netware, and I am using map root
�yafril"> script command.

GF>> Well its worrying - but not apparently fatal.

�yafril"> Have you check the network cable ?




Best regards,
 
tracer

files attached:
<none>

Using theBAT 1.36 

mail to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
NOTE: 1 MAILRUN PER DAY ONLY



-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------
View the TBBETA archive at http://tbbeta.thebat.dutaint.com
To send a message to the list moderation team click here:
   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To Unsubscribe from TBBETA, click below and send the generated message.
   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to