Hello Chuck,

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 21:22:16 -0500GMT (15/04/2000, 10:22 +0800GMT),
Chuck Mattsen wrote:

CM> With the new memo field, would it not be possible, provided one
CM> followed a consistent system, to specify a date in the memo field on
CM> which you wished TB! to delete the message from the message base?  (As
CM> opposed to the general deletion capabilities in place.)  In other
CM> words, I could put, say, 060100 in the message field, meaning that
CM> that should be the deletion date.

That's technically possible, but what is the purpose? Aren't the
functions we have (delete messages after xx days) sufficient? Just
curious.

CM> That begs the next question, however, of how to have TB! perform the
CM> deletion on a daily basis without manually having to go in and enter
CM> the current date ...

The current date should be communicated from your Windows. The action
could be performed like the other "delete" actions: "on exit", or by
hitting "purge&compress".

--

Cheers,
Thomas.