Hello Christopher and all you Batters out there.

TS>> I have no Problem with editing the registry, but I know a lot of
TS>> users that are using windows quite a lot and haven't even seen the
TS>> registry on their system.

CJT> Which  means  that  they green. And such inexperienced users shouldn't
CJT> edit   these properties. Besides it's time to learn something at last.
CJT> ;)

Yes - and it's the users that should learn to read. If it says, "DON'T TOUCH
OR YOU'LL MESS UP YOUR COMPUTER", it MEANS it. If a user is stupid enough to
mess it up anyway - then it's their problem. Sure, an administrator should be
able to disable those dangerous options completely - but they definitely
should NOT be disabled by default.
It's like buying a car, you know? Would you want a car that would
automatically slow down to "a default speed safe for you", WITHOUT giving you
an option to push the acceleration anyway?

CJT> Actually  putting switches in configuration files, and not supplying a
CJT> setup  program  (or  dialog  box) is what is common in Linux and other
CJT> Unix systems...

Yep, you're dead right. It's common in Unix systems. But NOT in Windows.

Similarly, an installation that required the user to unzip, compile and link
the application is typical for all Unixes - imagine what would happen if a
Windows user had to COMPILE his newly downloaded program! @_@

--

  Let's eat shit! Millions of flies cannot be wrong.

 |\  /|   /\   \~~~/ \~~~/ \~~~/     WWW: http://maxxx.ii.com.pl
 | \/ |  /  \   > <   > <   > <     E-M: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! v1.44
in Polish Windows 98 v4.10  A  build 2222