Hello Marek Mikus,
On Sun, 28 May 2000 19:14:31 +0200 GMT your local time,
which was Monday, May 29, 2000, 12:14:31 AM (GMT+0700) my local time,
Marek Mikus wrote:

> Hello all,
> Sunday, May 28, 2000, MaXxX wrote:

>> I wholeheartedly agree.
>> Placing some configuration options in the registry ONLY is a REALLY bad
>> practice of Microsoft. If it stays this way, someone will sooner or later
>> write a simple program that will edit the options for the users - and, this
>> little program's main motto will be "I had to write this program, because The
>> Bat's developers didn't leave those options ANYWHERE for the user to set up!"

>> Those options, as well as the lists of files to warn/disable, SHOULD be in the
>> configuration somewhere, and either password-protected, or marked with a big
>> red "WARNING - DANGEROUS OPTIONS AHEAD". If someone ignores the warning,
>> screws their settings up and runs all possible viri and worms - it's THEIR
>> responsibility. They've been warned.

> This is a Stefan's answer to similar mail:

> --------
> Well, the information stored in registry is user-dependent. It is
> stored in the registry to make it possible to define different
> configurations for different Windows profiles.

> Account-dependent information is kept in the ACCOUNT.* files.
> --------

> I agree with him.

But I donot agree having to go into the registry to change it.
There IS an administrators menu somewhere anyway, why not add this to
it?

tracer

Using theBAT 1.44

mail to : [EMAIL PROTECTED]