Hello Ming-Li,

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:10:18 -0700 GMT (10/10/2000, 00:10 +0800 GMT),
Ming-Li wrote:

>> I've come to realize that if you place the %signcomplete macro in
>> the default new message template, then any new message created
>> will be PGP signed, even though the new message is created with an
>> address book template that doesn't have the %signcomplete macro
>> defined.
ML> IMO, however, this behavior is more annoying than useful, for
[...]
ML> 2) it's inconsistent, for the same behavior applies to the default
ML> new message template only, not to reply or other default account
ML> templates.

That's why I would call it a bug.

While there is good reason to introduce global settings, it makes no
sense to just apply this thinking to one macro. Plus, you may have a
reason to not signcomplete, so there *must* be a way to override any
global setting.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.46d
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using a Celeron 366 MHz, 128MB RAM