> Hi Chris,

> On 01 December 2000 at 22:07:27 +0000 (which was 22:07 where I
> live) Chris Wilson wrote and made these points:

>> How should I write a filter so that a copy of all replies I make to
>> messages in a certain folder also get stored in that folder,
>> threaded to the original, as well as being stored as they are now,
>> in the Sent folder?

> Write an outgoing filter to move messages to Sent (i.e. not move) and,
> as an action, copy the message to the required folder.

Thanks Marck,  a typo there I think, you meant "write an outgoing filter
to COPY messages to sent", right? Or do you mean move... ? I have a lot
of trouble with filters, they often spring a few surprises on me :-)
Please just confirm this if you get a chance!

>> If I wanted this filter to apply to ALL folders, how would I achieve
>> that, too?

> You must write a filter for each affected folder.

OK, got it, thanks for the reply, as ever.

BTW what is the Hash: SHA1 thing for, just curious, is it to do with
PGP, something I have never really played with?

 Chris Wilson                           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       http://www.formula3.freeserve.co.uk