Hello Chris,

On  Sat, 2 Dec 2000  at  00:17:53 GMT +0000 (which was 4:17 PM
where I live) witnesses say Chris Wilson typed:

>> Write an outgoing filter to move messages to Sent (i.e. not move) and,
>> as an action, copy the message to the required folder.

> Thanks Marck,  a typo there I think, you meant "write an outgoing filter
> to COPY messages to sent", right? Or do you mean move... ?

The filter will have your source folder as your outbox (That's where
the message starts out.)  Put the destination folder as the SENT
folder (If you put outbox your recipient will get *lots* of copies).
Under actions use the COPY function to put a copy in some other
folder.

You can interchange Sent and the other folder, it doesn't really
matter.  Just pick a convention and stick to it so that debugging
becomes easier.

> I have a lot of trouble with filters, they often spring a few
> surprises on me :-) Please just confirm this if you get a chance!

I highly recommend the FAQ tutorial on filters.  The Kill filter part
is a bit out of date, but the rest is still applicable.

Check it out at: <http://faq.thebat.dutaint.com>

> BTW what is the Hash: SHA1 thing for, just curious, is it to do with
> PGP, something I have never really played with?

Yep.

--
Thanks for writing,
 Januk Aggarwal